• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suggestions needed..how to continue after a vacation

Omegatron

Hi all,

I came back 2 days ago from vacation. As suggested to me by Clive i did a major WC before i left and didn't add any ferts, food, co2 and light for 1,5 week.

I noticed that the Glosso looked really healthy and the Hydrocotyle sp. Japan looked a bit bright but has grown a lot and was fine. Fish and shrimp were all fine and looked good.

I did have a lot of the HC floating and clogging up the filter intakes. so i did a water change and removed to floating HC. I also trimmed the sp. Japan a bit.

But how to continue from here (apart from adding ferts, co2 and adding light). I keep loosing HC still. the filter intakes get clogged up twice a day. What is the best way to approach the HC now. My first guess is do nothing let it grow back but i keep losing more of it. I think my biggest issue now is that the HC died near the substrate and only the upper parts live and thats why it comes loose.

If you fine people have any tips for me of how to approach this situation i would be very greatfull.

Thank you!!

This pic i took right before i left:

IMG_2486.jpg

Here are some pics aswell, starting with the one i took just when i turned the lights on after 1,5 weeks

IMG_2554.jpg

here you can see the clogging of the intakes, this is happening twice a day.

IMG_2586.jpg

some pictures i took from top view to give a better idea of what happened and still is happening. losing HC by the lot:

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2554.jpg
    IMG_2554.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2586.jpg
    IMG_2586.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2582.jpg
    IMG_2582.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2581.jpg
    IMG_2581.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2584.jpg
    IMG_2584.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 49
Hi all,

Thanks for the for the compliments and help. This method did actually work perfect for 3 of my plant spieces (glosso, sp. japan and hairgrass) sadly not for the HC and my tank has 80% HC. So this method didnt do me/my tank any good indeed.

After reading the comments yesterday i started replanting immidiatly (since i have no time this week). It took me 8 hours to uproot and replant the HC. It was to late yesterday for me to take a pic but i will update the progress in my journal soon.

Again thank you very much for the help!

Back