• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suggestions on plants please

lucaz koh

Hi all, getting back into the hobby.

Wood is soaking for now while I plan my plants (epiphyte only) and waiting for the presence of wood fungus (can I start planting epiphytes on the fungus?)

Here’s my initial idea for plants, with the trident fern being the main focal point.

Any idea what I can put at the long thick wood bit at the top? Maybe hydrocotyle tripartita/monte carlo to grow emersed+create drooping effect?

Or just moss part/whole long stretch?

Or leave it empty?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 75373AB9-20F7-4411-BA17-773C2E08B679.jpeg
    75373AB9-20F7-4411-BA17-773C2E08B679.jpeg
    969.6 KB · Views: 173
  • CC0FF575-19B0-4AD3-8911-6A51E5670E5F.jpeg
    CC0FF575-19B0-4AD3-8911-6A51E5670E5F.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 123
tripartita would look good, I had it growing in a similar position but removed it in the end, it is very fast growing and shaded plants under it, also I didn't like its very fine hair like roots. MC would also look great but needs lots of ferts when grown as an epiphyte.

Hi all, getting back into the hobby.

Wood is soaking for now while I plan my plants (epiphyte only) and waiting for the presence of wood fungus (can I start planting epiphytes on the fungus?)

Here’s my initial idea for plants, with the trident fern being the main focal point.

Any idea what I can put at the long thick wood bit at the top? Maybe hydrocotyle tripartita/monte carlo to grow emersed+create drooping effect?

Or just moss part/whole long stretch?

Or leave it empty?

Thanks!
Hi
The Bolbitis once it gets going is very vigorous. It may suffocate the Pinatifida esp if the Trident is trowing shadow over it.Why not put the Pinatifida higher it loves to grow emersed too
Regards Konstantin

tripartita would look good, I had it growing in a similar position but removed it in the end, it is very fast growing and shaded plants under it, also I didn't like its very fine hair like roots. MC would also look great but needs lots of ferts when grown as an epiphyte.
Don’t mind the shade as I’ll only have some bucephalandra underneath it, do you think I should do the whole stretch of wood with tripartita or just pick and choose 2/3 areas?
Hi
The Bolbitis once it gets going is very vigorous. It may suffocate the Pinatifida esp if the Trident is trowing shadow over it.Why not put the Pinatifida higher it loves to grow emersed too
Regards Konstantin
Hmm, shall I swap the pinatifida and the Bolbitis on the right? Meaning the Pinatifida now goes towards the centre portion of the wood and higher up, almost to the right of the trident fern?

D171BD05-6291-4884-BE8A-72EEFFAA92CF.jpeg

This was the layout done at the shop.

47209BDA-9565-4384-B922-3987D9570712.jpeg

Swapped Pinatifida and Bolbitis, added 1 more Pinatifida, added mini Java fern at the bottom to hide the unsightly white rock, added hydrocotyle top right which will cascade down and hopefully grow emersed.

What does everyone think?

Last edited:
Back