• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sulawesi Cardinal Shrimp

viktorlantos said:
i ordered them from a German breeder:
http://www.gs-wirbellosenhandel.de/epag ... i_Garnelen

the shipping arrived in 2 days after they prepared the package. ordered 12 of them and my breeder friend also ordered a team a while ago. worked great. all shrimp arrived in great condition and they are alive since then. you should give a try.

I bought 7 from a different German Breeder, 5 were DOA and the other 2 died within a couple of days --- these little beauties don't travel very well be very careful.

Sure they are sensitive ones. Also they do not like the colder weather. Below 25 celsius they die.

The one breeder i pasted worked well. My breeder friend also ordered 10+ from him and all is in great condition. Maybe this is just the breeder.

On the other hand these shrimps are hard to keep and breed. From the original 12 pieces i lost 7 in a few months. Not enough aeration? Probably. I keep the water warm 27-28 celsius etc.

At the same time my breeder friend has all of it still. And there the shrimps are breeding. Nothing more than soil and Stones in his aquarium. Just like the place these shrimps live.

Just got 3 of these little wonders =]
Will see how they fair over the next week...
So far they seem fairly happy, having a good root around the tank :lol:

They are stil kicking as far as i can tell (usually see 2 together)
Any updates in the shrimp world for you?

Hello,

I've got 4 of these guys and had them for 10 days. They seem to be doing OK so far happily munching away with evidence that at least 2 have molted.

I bought them as an impulse buy before doing any research (they just looked so cool in the shop!). I've since realised that my conditions aren't quite right;

They're in there with my fish, though there are lots of places to hide (& they hide very well!) &

my pH is about 6.5!!

But they seem to be doing fine so far :thumbup:

Good luck with them :)
Id try to bring the ph up if stocking alows it.
I lost mine along with various fan shrimps and non-breeders along with my stock of ricefish as my tank crashed due to a filter breakage

Back