• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Summer Dreams

Paddy

Seedling
Hi everyone,

Just took my first photo of my new aquascape.

GravelSandAdded.jpg

Nothing special, just the ADA Sarawak sand and the AS added.

Watch this space!

Finally added the hardscape today, see below:

HardscapeAdded.jpg

Big thanks to Richard of AE for this wood, the borneo is better than the ADA old black wood IMO!
Please ignore the cotton buds but I was just trying to count the number of plants required.

After speaking to Graham today at TGM, he is hoping that all the plants will get to me before the weekend, fingers crossed.

On a bad note, I managed to snap my new diffuser!!!

Jay, have'nt really thought about how to keep them separate. I was just going to make sure that the water is added very carefully on the substrate should hopefully settle. Is this OK? Suggestions please

Hi Paddy,

We use riccia stone pushed side on along the divide line although we imagine that thin ,flat pieces of slate will do much the same job in forming a barrier.

Once plant growth gets going any visible edges of stone are soon completely hidden whilst forming an effective dam between the sand and the Aquasoil.

The scape is looking good and we hope to get all your plants out to you tomorrow on a 24hr delivery.

All the very best,

Jim, Mark, Graeme and Ewan.

Thanks for the information, I have a load of flat slate from a previous aquascape so that can be re-used.

Big thanks for helping me out this morning aswell with regards to a replacement diffuser and the other last few bits.

Moss or riccia covered slate works great.
You could just leave it and let plant growth eventually cut the two apart, but it could take a while, and DO NOT even think about adding shrimp in there before the plants cordon the AS and sand off. They will mix them up better than a blender :twisted:

Re: Summer Dreams - Updated 04.02.09

Finally managed to get the last piece of wood in the tank, although it still needs to sink on its own.
Still not 100% happy, but heres the first photo

SummerDreams040209.jpg

Hopefully the microsorum in the bottom RHS will fill out and fill the empty spaces in.

P.S. I am actually looking after the discus for a friend whilst he repairs his tank

Re: Summer Dreams - Updated 04.02.09

Finally managed to get the last piece of wood in the tank, although it still needs to sink on its own.
Still not 100% happy, but heres the first photo

SummerDreams040209.jpg

Hopefully the microsorum in the bottom RHS will fill out and fill the empty spaces in.

P.S. I am actually looking after the discus for a friend whilst he repairs his tank

Back