• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sunday Scape

Kezzab

Rescaped my nano today. Previous scape was a cool idea but i couldnt make it work, it was a constant faff with algae and whatnot. Not got the time.

So i had some freetime this afternoon and did an off the cuff rescape, reusing all the old plants. Start ti finish 2 hrs.

It's not breaking any new ground, but i think shouldnt suffer from the problems the last scape did.

Everything's a little jammed in place, but hopefully they sort themselves out.

20200126_171033.jpg

Wrestling with this one a bit. Lesson so far is dont try and 'plant' big pieces of monte carlo by just laying them on substrate. They just rot from below.

So after after going away for a few days i cam eback to the tank a mingin mess. Have tidied and replanted the usable MC in small plugs which i hope will take properly.

Ive also added the second light back, because even despite the algae i think the main problem is the mc not growing well amd from the small leaves and reaching growth pattern of the bits that are growing i reckon light might be an issue.

We will see.

I'm battling with this!
Removed the wood as a suspect in the hunt for why im struggling with algae, bark decomposition was a possibility.

Ive had it all so far: bba; staghorn; green thread; green fuzz; diatoms.

50-70% wc daily, filters cleaned, co2 sky high.

Other possibility was my very soft tap water, so ive started adding a bit of GH Boost to bring it up a bit. This is witchcraft for me now.

I think im seeing some progress, or may just be fooling myself...

20200301_181320.jpg

Back