• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Super flow!

how do you know 25 is the max

i dont, that is what i think the maximum that I would go ;) (see below quote), as i dont see the point, all i am bothered about is for my plants to grow, which they do well enough with just 10x, 32x is just over the top IMO ;)

Each to their own though...

I think George with 25x is the max i would go

fair enough arron. 25, 30. it dont matter to me neither. its only by chance its on my tank. but i will be upping the rate.

i miss read your post, sorry ;)

Nice to hear from you, George.
That's some flow, can't wait to see it all (especailly the new lighting system).
I have a Superfish Pro 1. That one is rated at 600lph, although doesn't look like it.... You don't see many of these filters being used, glad you've opted for one :)

Thanks, Fred.

Let's not get too concerned with actual turnover rates. Truth is, most of us lose a significant amount of flow through in-line heaters, CO2 reactors, filter media etc. etc.

I may actually get around to actually measuring my flow rates one day...

TDI-line said:
How would you measure the flow George, just out of interest?

bit of a guess, but i would get 1 tank bigger than an other side by side. inlet in one out let in other switch on pump some water for a period of time. measure water in small tank,how much water-how much time to pump that water , do maths....hey presto.

i would go larger than a 1 litre jug for more accuracy. give yourself a fighting chance at getting a correct measurement.

Deary me. The americans obsessed with super high light and the UK obsessed with super flow. lol

AC

Just read throught this. and Use a 10l Bucket with mesurement on it. this will give a long enough test run. also i would do it 2-3 times to get an acurate result. as a couple of seconds difference ould make up to 8-10 lPH Difference. i know its not allow but its inaccurate.

Behold said:
Just read throught this. and Use a 10l Bucket with mesurement on it. this will give a long enough test run. also i would do it 2-3 times to get an acurate result. as a couple of seconds difference ould make up to 8-10 lPH Difference. i know its not allow but its inaccurate.

Sounds good to me. I'd also try and get all the inlet and outlet tubes at the same height that they would be when in service. That way you are covering for any flow loss due to head height (I think that is the correct phrase). Might be easier said than done though!

agree downward water pressure on the upflow would slow the rate alot.

Back