• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Superfish 1400 no sponge

2pods

I've just bought a Superfish 1400 external, and although it has Bio Balls, Ceramic Rings,Carbon, and three floss shaped pads, there are no sponges.

OK, maybe it doesn't need sponges, but are there spare shaped floss pads available, and could I put sponge in ?

Has anyone used this filter ?
ISTR George had two at one point, though I could be wrong.

You can pop any old sponge in there if you have one, all thought they are not strictly necessary.

Thanks Dan

I asume I'd have to put it in with either the Bioballs, or the ceramic rings ?
What about the floss pads ?

Thanks Dan

I assume I'd have to put it in with either the Bioballs, or the ceramic rings ?
What about the floss pads ?

Hi all,
I asume I'd have to put it in with either the Bioballs, or the ceramic rings ? What about the floss pads ?
I'd just replace the floss pads with a sponge, if you buy a sheet of sponge you can can buy the grade you want (fine/medium/coarse - PPI30/20/10) and just cut it to the same size as the floss pads. You could go for 2 separate pieces of sponge for alternate cleaning etc.

I usually buy second hand "Eheim Classics" as external filters and just fill them 3/4 full with ceramic rings and put a sponge on the intake.

cheers Darrel

Back