• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Superfish 18 watt

Ashton

I have a Superfish 18watt lamp that I bought with a 40 litre tank, and have been using it on my Arcadia Arc 20 litre tank. I've recently noticed that my Anubias nana has a lot of algae on the leaves that I can't clean off. In the past I've always been able to wipe this off with Tetra wipes, but it just won't budge now :rolleyes:

My son is taking this tank (complete with Betta) when he moves into his new house later this month, and I'm thinking of buying the Superfish 25 litre tank to replace it. I was thinking of giving him the 9 watt light that comes with it and keeping the 18 watt for the 25 litre tank, but I wanted to buy either an Anubias barteri 'coffeefolia' or an Anubias barteri var. barteri, and am wondering if the 18 watt would be too powerful for them and cause a lot of algae :?

Would I be better just keeping the 9 watt, or should I forget the Anubias and go for some medium light plants instead

Back