• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Superfish Scaper 60 Tank Lighting options for Low Tech.

si walker

Hi.
Im considering going for the Superfish 60 Tank.
It is 50cm wide.
The package deal with the light is okay , but have the feeling it will be far too bright for a low tech and don't want to spend extra on a controller.
You can buy the tank by itself and was wondering if anyone had any ideas?
Tanks!

Not 100% sure of the question but..
Option 1: buy the tank without the light and separately buy a controllable light Amazon product ASIN B08BG2CKHN
Option 2: get a cheaper controller, would need confirmation but think this works with the superfish light S2-PRO Aquarium Light Controller LED Dimmer Modulator F Fish Tank K3T2 | eBay

Option 3: Buy the bundle and manually dim the light,. Tape, Fly screen, cheese cloth or frogbit.

Hi.
Im considering going for the Superfish 60 Tank.
It is 50cm wide.
The package deal with the light is okay , but have the feeling it will be far too bright for a low tech and don't want to spend extra on a controller.
Tanks!
Looks like the orig light comes with a dimmer..
Now I have an issue w/ Mr Farmers review.
Seems to state it DOESN'T save your setting and that is a good thing
????
Not if you use a cheap clock on/off timer you want it to STAY where you have set it with the dimmer.
See if you hear the same thing I did..

You certainly get better LEDS for relatively cheap.
Amazon product ASIN B08CXL9GBW

Last edited:
Looks like the orig light comes with a dimmer..
Now I have an issue w/ Mr Farmers review.
Seems to state it DOESN'T save your setting and that is a good thing
????
Not if you use a cheap clock on/off timer you want it to STAY where you have set it with the dimmer.
See if you hear the same thing I did..

You certainly get better LEDS for relatively cheap.
Amazon product ASIN B08CXL9GBW

This isn't the same tank. That's a Superfish Home 60, he's asking about the Superfish Scaper 60.

Thanks for the correction.
I was windering where the discrepancy between the normal glass vs " starfire" came in
Point holds, there are inexpensive fully programmable lights available and the deciding point is the cost/functionality of the " custom" light vs third party lighting .

Soooo need more information.
I still disagree on the restore point.
Any light should hold the last set point and not restore to full brightness

Back