• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Superfish Scaper 60

Louis287

Finally got round to aquascaping my Superfish scaper 60 tank. Really happy with how it’s looking and hoping over the next few weeks the plants will come on a lot. Possibly may split the crypts at the front to cover more floor area… was wondering if anyone can also share there findings or experience on water changes and dosing over the next few weeks? Will not be using co2.

any feedback welcome.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Looks promising!
What light is that, and what percentage are you running? I would make sure it's fairly well dimmed, otherwise youre gonna have some problems with no CO2 :thumbup: Low tech tanks can be just as beautiful, just takes a good balance

It’s the Superfish one and it’s quite intense! I’m waiting for the s2 pro dimmer to arrive as it dosent have one built in. I’ve only just set up and has only been on a couple of hours so tomorrow I will get some black electrical tape and tape half the lights off untill the dimmer arrives do you think that will be ok?

Finally got round to aquascaping my Superfish scaper 60 tank. Really happy with how it’s looking and hoping over the next few weeks the plants will come on a lot. Possibly may split the crypts at the front to cover more floor area… was wondering if anyone can also share there findings or experience on water changes and dosing over the next few weeks? Will not be using co2.

any feedback welcome.

View attachment 180754View attachment 180755
Hi
The plant in the back corners looks like java fern.
If thats what it is you need to take it out of the substrate and move it to be attached to wood or rock.
Regards Konstantin

Hi
The plant in the back corners looks like java fern.
If thats what it is you need to take it out of the substrate and move it to be attached to wood or rock.
Regards Konstantin
Ok will do, I’ve foot plenty of crevices in the rock to push them into! Many thanks!

Hi
Also most plants in there are slow growers.
It will make your life easier if you get one or two fast growing stems(Hygrophila polisperma, Limnophila hererophilla or sessiliflora, Bacopa sp ......)in the background and(or) floating plant(Dwarf water lettuce or Salvinia natans....)
Regards Konstantin

when do you think I should start dosing ferts? I’ve read contrasting things that I should wait 3/4 weeks and do a lot of water changes for the first few weeks! Any recommendations?

Hi
you have a lot epiphyte plants that rely on water column for their nutrition.
I will stick to daily (frequent) water changes for first 4-5 weeks and start dosing complete ferts asap.
Regards Konstantin

Ok thank you for the advice! I did a 70% water change today as the soil is leaching ammonia I think (tropica) redosed with prime, flourish and tropica ferts.
image.jpg

Hi
wich Tropica are you using Green(complete fertilizer)or brown(micros only no NPK) colour.
Flourish is a micro only fert and is not really needed if you use any of the Tropica ones.
Regards Konstantin

Hi Louis287,
I love your pics of the scaper tank, they're great and it looks awesome.
I'm new to this world and am dipping my toe in the water with my first tank and love the scaper tank you have.
Does the included LED light come with a timer? (i.e. out of the box, does it dim and turn off at night ?)
I'd appreciate your thoughts and comments
Best regards
Steve

Hi Louis287,
I love your pics of the scaper tank, they're great and it looks awesome.
I'm new to this world and am dipping my toe in the water with my first tank and love the scaper tank you have.
Does the included LED light come with a timer? (i.e. out of the box, does it dim and turn off at night ?)
I'd appreciate your thoughts and comments
Best regards
Steve
Hi, I was in a similar situation not so long ago. I was originally looking at buying just the tank as I wanted to use an external canister filter but when I started looking into lighting options it made sense to purchase the complete set. I find the supplied light to be perfectly suitable for my low tech set up, you’ll just need to buy a separate dimmer/timer, I bought the S2-Pro dimmer which works great.

Really glad to see more people setting up these tanks as I've just got one myself! Will be following your progress so far

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

Back