• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Superglue and plants?

Murphy-18

Can i use superglue to attatch plants to hardscape? And also, would the liquid superglue work best or the gel stuff?

Does it not harm the water quality, or is it harmful in any way to the fish?

Thanks

yea, there is the gel and the liquid, i have recently used the liquid, although i think i should have used the gel, nothing wrong with either though really

I used superglue for the first time a few weeks ago to attach some large Anubias to wood and it has held firm with no problems and new growth.

I used the Gel here as it is easier to put in place for the plant.

There is a different type used for surgical purposes (which superglue was originally invented for.) Normal superglue contains some different ingredients but if the reefers are using it (they are paranoid about adding anything that could affect their expensive setups) then I think we can assume it is safe for us :)

I personally use the cheapest available. 10 little disposable ones from poundland for the price of :)

As per Aaron. Use too much, glue all the roots and the plant will take ages to grow. A few roots is all that is needed. The rest can then attach as per normal and the plant will do well.

AC

Back