• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Supplementing ADA prior to EI

hotweldfire

Hi, I have decided to take the plunge with EI (sort of). Have some TFF aquarium plant nutrition on its way from aquarium plant food UK. My understanding is this is equivalent to an all-in-one: NPK + trace (does it have FE BTW?)

However in the meantime I have a couple of 500ml bottles of ADA ferts that are two thirds full, namely Green Brighty Step 2 and Brighty K. I'm sure you're all aware how expensive these are so I'm not about to just chuck em in the bin.

Question is what do I need to dose in addition to these to ensure full set of nutrients for my tank?

Current regime is:
5ml Brighty K every day
5ml Step 2 every other day
10ml EasyFosfo every other day
10ml Easy Ferro every other day
10 drops Green Bacter each week at water change

The easylife products are about to run out. I haven't been adding N because I always get about 15ml nitrate readings. Conversely I have yet to pick up phosphates in the tank (apart from immediately after dosing the fosfo).

I should also point out that I have ADA amazonia in the tank too. I guess that should probably answer my question for me given the nutrients it provides but I have a lot of mosses, anubias and ferns which won't be benefiting from it.

So should I just get an NPK mix and use that whilst using Step 2 as my trace (even thought it don't have much iron)? If so, what do I do with the Brighty K?

Hello,
If you have purchased NPK+ trace then that's everything you need. There is nothing that the other items have that is not in NPK+trace mix. Iron is a trace element, therefore it is included in the trace mix.

Cheers,

Thanks, good to know it's chelated trace. However I still have my ADA stuff lying around so my main question is what do I add in addition to it until it's used up? Just phosphate or should I be adding N despite my test kit readings?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Back