• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Surface not moving ?

eminor

Hello, I have about 3/4 of the water surface moving, the filter is not strong enough, however all the plants receive a flow, they all move, is it risky to leave it like that or should the whole surface be absolutely moving? thx

Better if all the surface moves as with better surface agitation it is easier to control CO2 levels and maintain better O2 levels at night, a surface skimmer also helps keeps surface clean which also helps tank breath. Scum on surface of water is IMO a sign that sometime unfavourable is happening or about too ;)

Better if all the surface moves as with better surface agitation it is easier to control CO2 levels and maintain better O2 levels at night, a surface skimmer also helps keeps surface clean which also helps tank breath. Scum on surface of water is IMO a sign that sometime unfavourable is happening or about too ;)
There has some scum, i tought it was co2, i fixed the flow now all the surface is moving, no scum anymore. i'll get my canister filter fixed, way safer =)

Back