• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Surface Skimmer for Dennerle scapers flow

Damien

Seedling
I have a small nano tank and have recently swapped to the dennerle scalpers flow and was wondering if anyone has used a surface skimmer on the intake? I’m getting a lot of film/build up and I don’t want the outflow to be at water level (it’s too noisy), so I thought if I could get a surface skimmer to work on the intake it would solve my problems.

anybody have any thoughts/recommendations? I understand I may have to stop using the filter as a HOB and use it more as a canister type but that shouldn’t be a problem.

I have a small nano tank and have recently swapped to the dennerle scalpers flow and was wondering if anyone has used a surface skimmer on the intake? I’m getting a lot of film/build up and I don’t want the outflow to be at water level (it’s too noisy), so I thought if I could get a surface skimmer to work on the intake it would solve my problems.

anybody have any thoughts/recommendations? I understand I may have to stop using the filter as a HOB and use it more as a canister type but that shouldn’t be a problem.
I use this filter, I've found there's a sweet spot where the water level is enough to be disrupted by the outflow without being too noisy, I top up every 2nd day or so to maintain this spot.

Back