• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

surface skimmer

paleo

Hi, I am thinking of adding a second filter to my 350l planted discus tank, in order to return the water through an Aquamedic 1000 CO2 reactor. This would remove the current CO2 bits out of the tank, and hopefully produce a better CO2 level. This might be an opportunity to add a surface skimmer. At present, I am thinking of getting an Eheim classic 600 filter, which has a rating of 1000l/h, which the Aquamedic reactor apparently requires. I plan to return the water, quite likely through a spray bar, at a low level in the tank. I was also considering returning the water through one of those wide Eheim return pipes, used upside down. I have seen various surface skimmers on the market which allow for a mix of water intake from the bottom as well as the surface. I would be grateful for any suggestions, thoughts and experiences about this kind of setup.

Back