• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Surrey Scaper

goldscapes

Hi there,
I’m not really a Scaper yet, just starting out. I have had 3 goldfish in a 54L fish tank for a couple of years and recently bought a second hand 155L Aqua Oak Cube Aquarium from The Internet.
I originally planned to plant the Cube but the local fish shop put me off due to the amount of waste produced by goldfish. So I opted for a simple setup using some easy plants lashed to 3 pieces of wood that I can lift out and get underneath to clean. It’s been running less than a week so here goes!
I’m rarely able to compromise so I’ve ordered a Takashi Amano book for inspiration and plan to start a more traditional scape in about a month or so once the Cube has bedded in.
So hiya all, looking forward to meeting you digitally over the coming months and years!

Dave

Here’s an early shot of the Cube with a decorative background courtesy of my daughters - it was either that or Spongebob Squarepants ornaments...

06f98f2e-9b3c-464b-bf3c-ef7a12d53a4b-jpeg.jpg

Attachments

• 06F98F2E-9B3C-464B-BF3C-EF7A12D53A4B.jpeg
    06F98F2E-9B3C-464B-BF3C-EF7A12D53A4B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hi there
Looking forward to seeing the progress of your tank from the start. You should upload the progress on the Journal thread. I am going to be starting a 200L planted tank this week from the start. Good to see others who are setting up tanks.

Back