• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Switching from Salt to Fresh

Champ1981

Seedling
Purchased a 450mm cube tank in order to start my first freshwater effort. Been in the hobby (saltwater) for the last 5 years and after moving house and renting for 4 months, I had to break down the reef and sell off the livestock as I had no means to keep them whilst renting.

With inspiration from watching several hours of videos on YouTube, I've decided to try freshwater aquascaping instead.

The tank I've purchased is a waterbox cube 20, with the knowledge I can always revert back to salt with such a tank.

I can see from the large amount of information on here, I've plenty to learn and understand, firstly being the setup to aim for.

One of the many lessons learnt from saltwater was that buying better/higher quality from the start puts you in a good position when wanting to experiment with different stock.

So, that's my introduction. Tank sat empty whilst I decide on my first piece of equipment, lighting 😬

Always welcome advice so please feel free to fire me any which may sound relevent

Welcome! A 450 cube is a nice size, with sufficient length for many fish, and good depth and height too. What plants and livestock are you considering?

Back