• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Switching Tropica Premium to TNC

Adjusted the settings to suit your tank 14l :thumbup:

View attachment 149056

To have TNC complete get to EI levels you really need the 'double triple' dose aka x6. Which does start to get a little expensive

Beg to differ, forum much better place as everybody can hear what we are debating and chip in :D

So if my tank had a similar issue you would advise me to dose my weekly dose straight after WC (which I would add my tap water has 20-30ppm NO3) then no ferts for rest of week :eek:

Just gives the bacteria in the tank more time to mop up all the excess ferts 'NO3' esp before next WC/ferts are due. Classic EI dosing is 5 or 6 times a week. I dose my tanks 7days a week as its effectless with auto doser. My low tech get an DIY AIO once week (most weeks :lol:)

Sorry to break in to this topic, but this seems cool. Is it possible to make a calculation with Tropica Specialized Nutrition to dose E.I. for me in my 55l tank? Have been searching for a calculator but couldn't find one exactly. Maybe it's my 'newbieness', anyway..

Sorry to break in to this topic, but this seems cool. Is it possible to make a calculation with Tropica Specialized Nutrition to dose E.I. for me in my 55l tank?

1590323141139.png

(If my calculations are correct- which @Hanuman is checking ATM)

you need the double triple dose (X6 standard) to reach E.I. Fe dose, but still a little low in Mg and K

This is getting technical gif a noob! I will take some time to digest! I love the good natured debate. Thanks guys

View attachment 149101

(If my calculations are correct- which @Hanuman is checking ATM)

you need the double triple dose (X6 standard) to reach E.I. Fe dose, but still a little low in Mg and K

Thank you a lot! Having to triple dose means I'll run out of my stock fairly quickly (have 3 bottles at this moment) and I think I'll dose to mixing salts for the first time..

This is getting technical gif a noob! I will take some time to digest! I love the good natured debate. Thanks guys
I think the summary is feed your plants more. The finer points of exactly when and how often are probably less important than the basic 'more' point 😉

Thank you a lot! Having to triple dose means I'll run out of my stock fairly quickly (have 3 bottles at this moment) and I think I'll dose to mixing salts for the first time..

@zozo is probably the best person to ask where to get the salts from in your neck of the woods ;)

I think the summary is feed your plants more. The finer points of exactly when and how often are probably less important than the basic 'more' point 😉

👆this is the key advice.

I think Zeus is trying to take me down a fractal rabbit hole with weekly vs. daily vs. hourly dosing and it's now getting so convoluted I'm not sure where it will all end or whether I've got the time to follow him down there! :) .

My point stands that given your plants are indicating nutrients are a bit low it might be worth putting a weeks worth of TNC in all at once right after the water change. By the way, I've always dosed like that - a single weekly dose after water change - because I am a lazy and forgetful aquarist ;) . But if you like doing it every day no harm will come of it - the main thing is that you do it.

[If I had ADA ferts I'd totally dose daily because the bottles are so beautiful and expensive it would be like a zen ritual!]

Back