• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Swords

nickmcmechan

I have Swords in two of my tanks and they look the same, i.e. a lot of the leaves are holy and dying away, tending to be the larger leaves

they are fairly new to the tanks - 8 to 12 weeks old

is this just a settling in period?

or are they 'eating themselves' to regenerate new leaves?

i'm using ei dosing regimes with pressurised co2 on one tanks and excel on the other.

Hi,
Holes in leaves and dying away are typically attributable to poor CO2 or poor nutrient distribution. Cut the damaged leaves away, increase your CO2 and/or Excel dosage and review your filter flow rates. It also depends on the level of lighting. Can you provide data regarding the tanks' configuration?

Cheers,

thanks ceg,

i've switched to pressurised co2 and full ei dosing this weekend

i trimmed all the bad leaves away too, which was quite dramatic

tank is 180l, 80w of light (3 t8s, two 25w and one 30w all with reflectors), gives me about 1.7wpg depending on what country your in!

tank is 18 inches deep

You don't have any bristlenose plecs in there do you? Mind used to rasp away at the larger leaves until they became transparant if I didn't keep up with his spinach demands.

Back