• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

T4 lighting

zig

Is this any good?

What is the major difference here with T5 lighting besides the width of the tube, presumably T5s give more output/lumens?

I see some of the larger DIY chains B&Q etc are selling complete T4 units quite cheaply now, 20W light 6400K inc all fittings built in ballast etc and they are only €20 or about £15 each, these are primarily for under counter kitchen lighting and will not be waterproof but I am sure they could be modified.

It just seems cheap compared to the equivalent T5 and they have to be better than T8s?

Anybody use these?

Looked at these in the past, with the intention of making a decent hood for a nano.
The thing that put me off was the fact that they are not HO (high output) bulbs, and definately put out less light than the equivalent T5 HO, not sure about T8's though.

hmmm I hadn't considered that, probably why they are cheaper.

I've looked into them too, you can even get tri phosphor versions, the only problem I see with them is getting the light under the tank, A guy has used them on another forum and he seems to have got good results, it was a low light tank though.

Back