• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

T5/8 or LED

jimi

Hi all,

Just a quick question. Do you think that the 2 T5/T8 bulbs (not sure which they are yet) that come with an older Fluval Roma 200 would be better than an aqua sky 2.0 for light intensity? I’m starting to think I made an error buying this led unit.

Thanks
James

It really depends on which plants you intend on growing. T8s are perfect for low-energy, but will be fine over an injected tank as well, although you may struggle to grow some species as compact and/or as colourful as you'd like. A couple of T5s will be more than adequate to grow pretty much anything in an injected tank.

I think folk swap to LED for the potential energy saving benefits, minimal aesthetic, colour rendition and controllability, sun rises and sun sets etc. Not sure how controllable the aqua sky is though.

The Fluval 2.0 is a multi-LED array with individual low wattage LEDs - you might contact Fluval which are used in your particular unit (re serial number)

With a 55cm tank height, either HOT5 or VHOT5 with reflectors will deliver substrate PAR sufficient for an MC carpet (or similar)
For deeper tanks, look for high intensity, minimum 1watt LEDS (with appropriate internal reflectors, lens etc)

Back