• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TA Nano tribute

TBRO

My brother moved house recently and took his nano down. He had admired that Amano scape with the huge river boulders and the other day I found some nice rocks. So I decided to try and make a nano tribute, for a bit of fun. I didn't change the substrate as there was hairgrass growing in it. I just arranged the stones and tied riccia to lots of small stones. Here's a couple of shots of how I got on.....
dsc06933k.jpg

dsc06932g.jpg

dsc06949.jpg

Amazing how many cardinals I crammed in a 12 L tank :lol:
dsc06952.jpg

Let's see if it`s all floating by tomorrow, T

Really liking this T. Those rocks look spot on. By your brothers nano do you mean you stole his tank and rescaped it for him, or you made this one up for him to be in envious of? :lol:

The WK next to it looks great too - I havn't seen that one yet, is that a normal vase you found that was just right for the job or a special wabi-kusa glass?

Hi Neil, the scape will be drained and transfered to his new place when all the boxes have been shifted, this way he has a plug in and play fish tank.

The WK is my effort at doing a "classic" WK. Will update it on my WK thread when it's grown a bit, the bowl is a perspex bowl for picnicking, I know TGM are getting some glass bowls with the ADA shipment.

I really like it. Im thinking of filling out the front of my tank in riccia, looks lush. not bad considering you've knocked it together.

Thanks Mikey, Í used to hate Riccia but felt it was time to give it ago. I love all the scapes in Amano's books with Riccia, they look a bit dated now but have a cool, fantasy style.

Yeah I should get a few books that's probably next on my shopping list, do u have any good books with modern scapes in.
I like the Riccia, it grows quick and has a good colour, I don't mind if it's old skool it's a good plant for a beginner like me.

Is that fern a native? Great scape, even better as a tribute too!

Cheers Garuf, shame I have just made most of the riccia turn white by dumping in loads to much easy carb :oops: If the riccia dies I`ll replace it with good ol, bullet proof moss!

You put those stones together perfectly. They seem to have fallen into place all on their own.

Thanks Devin, I`ve been adding a few other plants to make it a bit more interesting, some hydrocotle amongst the rocks and some more stems behind the main rock. The Riccia is now recovering from the blanching caused by my OD ing on eazy carb.

Back