• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Takashi Amano lecture and workshop in Aarhus, Denmark

frothhelmet said:
I am on the Stansted flights same as everyone else. Any ideas how we are getting to the venue from the airport in Aarhus? Where are you guys renting a car? Denmark? Should be fun.

Good stuff Gerard :) Yep, hiring a car at the airport, though Luis idea of chill in on the train with a pint sounds pretty smart :)

Looking forward to it, its gonna be a good 'un !

:) I just want to keep it simple, and a good beer at the airport will go down well. Then relax on the bus or train, check in an then a couple more. I'm not really a big drinker, but it is sacrilege going to a country and not having a beer and trying the local McDonald's. :)

Have a good time guys. Cant belive the trip has already come round so soon.

First day was a blast, and the night was spent on a pub close by. We had a fuzz ball champioship organised by Dan ;) and had lots and lots of good beer. Ended up the night the proper way, with a kebab. LOL

Today the festivities will begin, so lots to learn, not only from the presenters, but from Dan, Mark and Tony, these guys have so much information and knowledge that is shocking. ;)

More to follow, especially if we have internet on the venue.

The day yesterday was hectic. So biotopes and shrimps in the early morning, then Amano for 3 hours, visit to tropica and then an amazing dinner, way more food than 120 people could eat, cheap beer and great company!

Probably the best trip I the year!!! :)

I have been with aquariums for just over 20 years, and with plants for about 3 years, and I have learnt so much in the past day. :) still one more day to go. :)

And by the way, we got really close to Amano. He is on the same hotel, so we saw him in the morning, said hi. Then on the event we got some answers correctly and managed to get a ADA t shirt, and a slap on the chest. :)

We also got lots of autographs on some ADA books. I got the complete work autographed, the guys got some magazines.

During the gala dinner he was a few feet away from us.

Some of us ha a chat with Holger Windelov, at tropica, so I think that we managed to meet the big guns. :)

Today we have Kristel Kasselman and Claus Christensen.

I am also uploading an unedited video of Amano's creation. :)

Back