• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Taking a sump. Back in five minutes...

Gotta love that millennium stone and a good base with the Ada you will be on those solar rgb before you know it lol

I've been waiting on this thread for a while now, be good to see how it's all worked out in one place and show others something different.
Always a good idea to buy extra’s with PVC if you’re a plonker
:lol: I remember when you sent me this photo a while back, it's so easy to make errors so plonker or not I don't think it matters - order some spares. ;)

you will be on those solar rgb before you know it lol

@Siege has invited me over to hang his solar RGB lights for him @Jayefc1

I bet he shouts out “thank you peasant” as he kicks me aside once the holy illumination is setup to his satisfaction!

upload_2019-11-8_21-29-30.jpeg

“Three times solar RGB... So... Relaxing...”

Alas... My children see to every last penny in the meantime :lol:

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-8_21-28-9.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-8_21-28-9.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 157
Anyway, surprise surprise everything grows very well and quickly:

upload_2019-11-8_21-47-18.jpeg

upload_2019-11-8_21-49-36.jpeg

Not very interesting in and of itself.

Started to plant other things now such as H’ra on the left and Aragauia in the gaps in the Millennium Stone.

upload_2019-11-8_21-55-59.jpeg

The ONF Flat One is running at 80% in a tank that is less than a foot depth to substrate. Things are looking promising and there’s plenty of opportunity to have a play. It’s a pretty stable system.

So far the fertiliser regime has been played with and a transition from RO to full tap water has been implemented. Will give some feedback in due time.

@Siege has invited me over to hang his solar RGB lights for him @Jayefc1

I bet he shouts out “thank you peasant” as he kicks me aside once the holy illumination is setup to his satisfaction!

View attachment 128905

“Three times solar RGB... So... Relaxing...”

Alas... My children see to every last penny in the meantime :lol:

@Geoffrey Rea @Jayefc1

Alright peasants, the Excellent Geoff came round and installed the Lights with me (I drunk beer and he used the complicated tools!)

It was easy for him to get in as the drawbridge has malfunctioned and is stuck in the down position :)

It only cost me 2 crates of beer and about a hundred quids worth of Dominoes, abosulute bargain. I even let him sleep in the servant quarters!

Picture of finished lights and the aftermath of a tradesman :lol:

Attachments

• 916CB45D-2B06-472D-8E5E-72E1F6552FCD.jpeg
    916CB45D-2B06-472D-8E5E-72E1F6552FCD.jpeg
    714 KB · Views: 339
  • 3DA395B6-FD1D-4D55-9177-F44518E55CCF.jpeg
    3DA395B6-FD1D-4D55-9177-F44518E55CCF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 339
A whirly thing only the king of light could have such witch craft

When you say he offered was there a little preasure on him with say a rack or bucket of slowly dripping water and a wet cloth maybe covering his face

Cheers
Jay

A whirly thing only the king of light could have such witch craft

When you say he offered was there a little preasure on him with say a rack or bucket of slowly dripping water and a wet cloth maybe covering his face

Cheers
Jay

Ha ha !

No, the dog just growled at him and it was a done deal!

Geoff wanted to do it last night but we were about 6 beers in, so we didn’t think it was a good idea! :)

Gotta love that millennium stone

Apologies in advance. About to cover the lot in Pinnatifida.

upload_2019-11-10_17-27-28.jpeg

Do love the Millennium Stone though but ultimately this is a test tank. Looking to play with plant forms under differing conditions.

To be fair the rock was only ever positioned to anchor plants on but it has been nice having a simple Iwagumi style for a while.

Did he have those steel toe caps on again mate i feel.your pain

Well you both did an excellent job @Siege providing (cough cough) refreshments

And @Geoffrey Rea for his skillful handling of a whirly thingy mabob

Turned off the Co2 for today. Not advising anyone else do this unless you fancy some potential drama.

Wanted to see just off visually looking at the drop checker how much Co2 is being gassed off in a 24hr period (plus what is up-taken by the plants in one photo period).

upload_2019-11-11_20-33-50.jpeg

Still green at lights off at 8pm tonight (24 hours later) but not too shabby.

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-11_20-30-18.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-11_20-30-18.jpeg
    734.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Back