• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank 2!!!

Goodygumdrops

At last!!Work begins on tank 2!!

I won this tank on eBay way back months ago for £56,that was tank,hood,stand,filter,heater,various other bits and bobs.That was around about the time I found you guys and after researching substrate,plants,etc,had to put this on hold,mainly due to the cost of substrate clashing with xmas.
Anyhoos,my substrate is all here,so a start has been made.

Specs:
Tank:31.5"long,18"tall,14"deep
Substrate:Laterite base,eco-complete planting area,with Tahitian Moonsand foreground
Hardscape:Redmoor root
Lighting:I can't see the wattage but it's 1 x Arcadia Freshwater 24" tube
1 x Arcadia Original Tropical 24" tube (20w?)

Flora:
to follow
Fauna:
to follow

Water Change:50% Sunday,quick sand vac most days.
Ferts:Flourish.
Co2:Excel
Filtration:Fluval 3+.

maintank1.jpg

So far,I've washed the laterite and mixed up an inch thick base of this mixed with eco-complete.The rest of my two bags of eco-complete have been banked up mostly at the back,but a little coming round the sides too (almost horseshoe shape),with a fairly deep Tahitian Moonsand foreground (playground for cories).
Hardscape,as you can see,is a large piece of redmoor root,which is going to be doctored,with most in the back right corner,in an upside down position,the rest will be arranged through the tank.Also,I have some mahoosive pieces of slate,I need to get one more piece on Sunday as the last bit I got wasn't quite right,oh and various coco caves,these will probably be hidden though.

maintank2.jpg

Water in and planting will no doubt start at the weekend.

(Just icase you take offence,I'm only joking,there's not much you can say really about a bit of wood sitting in an empty tank is there?)

Goodygumdrops said:
aaronnorth said:
Nice wood, but a bit too central though..

Lol!!Can you not read??!!!! :lol: It's just dumped there for now till the weekend probably.

I just couldn't be bothered :lol: ;) After i posted the comment i thought I should read it incase you mentioned the wood, but i though nah...

no offense taken ;)

Tourney said:
That really is a great peice of wood! :lol: Any idea about plants at this stage?

Well,sad git that I am,I have a little picture and plant list that I have drawn out but I've left it at me work.Off the top of my head,Marti's Sword,anubias nana,nana petite,java fern,windelov,fissidens,various mosses,I've got hc cuba and marsilea hirsuta here for it already (aswell as some anubias I'll take from the smaller tank).
There is a particular stem I've seen but the name escapes me just now.

Back