• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank crazy in my house....

First I had my 250l planted tank, then my partner wanted the Superfish home 40 I bought, for her office. Then my son wanted a little 25l tank for his bedroom so now I went out and bought a 55l cube tank which I plan to make into a show tank. would you have a canister external filter or an internal one. So it’s gone from 1 tank, to 4. What have I started?..

First I had my 250l planted tank, then my partner wanted the Superfish home 40 I bought, for her office. Then my son wanted a little 25l tank for his bedroom so now I went out and bought a 55l cube tank which I plan to make into a show tank. would you have a canister external filter or an internal one. So it’s gone from 1 tank, to 4. What have I started?..
Yep classic case of MTS....multiple tank syndrome!
I would opt for an external, two main benefits in a 55l are it increases water volume and takes up less room in the tank :)

I do have a spare external I’ll get sorted and possibly get glass intake and outlets, then I’ll get a co2 system ready and plan the aquascaping. The next thing would be lighting. I was looking at the Lomini asta F20 but not sure whether to get 2. Or to go with the f120. I have seen very mixed reviews On both.

Back