• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank Rescape

Liam Wood

Seedling
Hi, I posted my tank the other day and now I've decided I didn't like the way it looked! :(

I have Rescaped my 22l ciano nexus tank :) as I am a newbie to aquascaping I've gone for an easy simple look.

Can anyone suggest anything to change etc.. :)

Thank you!
118991602_3252635801523538_9131761459841710608_n.jpg
118991602_3252635801523538_9131761459841710608_n.jpg

Overall I like it.

The only thing I would say is it is too symmetrical and might look better with one high peak.

I am very new to aquascaping myself, very fun but also very challenging.

Edit to add (and I am sure some else will be along to explain better) that the in-tank CO2 holder things are pretty much useless, I started out using them when I first got into planted and the did nothing except take up swimming space.

the in-tank CO2 holder things are pretty much useless

There's always some talented person out there that seems to make it work :) In the video (start at 20 seconds in) you can see someone filling upturned plastic bottles with co2 and growing plants pretty well. I doubt it'd produce a thick carpet of HC. But still food for thought.

I sort of like it but everything is in straight lines going side to side, there is no depth of field to encourage the eye to explore.

That carpet should look amazing once it gets going.

The hard scape looks too "man made", like someone has balanced the two rocks together. Which is obviously what's happened, but looks unnatural. Agree with the others, maybe more asymmetrical. Maybe twist one rock to the side to make it smaller?

Edit, just saw this, similar idea ,with a difference in size of rocks.
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/what-to-dooa-with-this.61553/

You almost want to have some space at the sides, instead of the middle arch, create a centre piece, might give it some depth.

Just my opinion, again, a total newbie here too! Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I’ll look into altering the rocks to make it look more natural ⛰
I will update once done :) also can anyone suggest a good Fertilizer? I’m currently using the Tropica premium nutrition, or do they all more or less do the same thing ? Thanks:)

Personally, I would move the heater to conceal it behind the rock, and swap the thermometer for either a slim glass one, or a different LCD model with just a tiny probe that lives in the tank (hidden as much as poss) with the big display unit outside the tank.

Back