• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank size choices

NeilW

Evening all

Thought I would ask a few opinions before I went out and bought yet more stuff I 'don't need' :lol:.

Basically I'm planning on reviving my old rock scape that I have now with a new more minimal gravel and moss look but wasn't certain what tank this should be housed in.

I made the 'mistake' of buying an ADA Mini 'S' last year which has meant my standards may now be unrealistically high in terms of build quality which makes my old AE nano look like a bit of a dung cart in comparison.

The problem I now have is wether or not to get a new tank or not and also how this will fit with my current stand that has a footprint of 30 x 25cm

The options are;

-Keep my current tank and shut my eyes about it

-Use the Mini 'S' that I have but lose 4 litre capacity off my current 15 litres and also have a small gap to the back or front of the stand

-Buy a 25cm Do!Aqua cube for an excellent price of under £50. I won't lose any capacity as I'd gain height but will have a gap this big to one side like this;

cubeo.jpg

What do you guys think?

Keep your old tank on the stand, buy the Do!Aqua tank and build yourself a new stand!

Sorted You now have 2 tanks to scape! NEXT!

Now that's just adding more choices :lol:

Morgan Freeman said:
Get an optiwhite custom built to fit the stand?
This would be the ideal solution but sadly would cost £100 minimum which is twice as much as the Do!Aqua for the same/worse quality.

Johno2090 said:
Keep your old tank on the stand, buy the Do!Aqua tank and build yourself a new stand!

Sorted You now have 2 tanks to scape! NEXT!
The fiance would drown me in the new tank if I did that sadly :lol: I like your thinking however

Back