• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tanks...How do you enjoy yours?

LancsRick

Ok, so moving on past the blatant Creme Egg ripoff subject...

As I lie here on my sofa with a purring cat and my second bottle of Weston cider, this is about the pinnacle of my enjoyment for the tank in my lounge. The plants are gently swaying, all the fauna is darting around, lit up brightly in an otherwise pitch black room.

Sure, I enjoy the maintenance, the fiddling and tweaking, but ultimately this is what I love most about this hobby, the tranquil beauty of an established tank.

So, what is it for the rest of you that really drives you? The tinkering? The technical challenges? The final output of a beautiful scape? The creatures themselves?

When i look at the aquarium i usualy search my fishes:D Where are they, what are they doing. Especialy Botias, I have them 9 and sometimes i see only 3-4... And i search for the others and im looking around and searching and they come out frome nowhere :D heheh I love to look them play:D

Then I look at my plants, how are they growing if they have all they need, why that plant is not red and if I can improove my scape i think about new plants...

I love to watch my fish going about their business, especially watching the tetras playing in the filter output stream. They spend hours swimming against the flow and then turning 180 degrees and surfing the flow across the tank - just brilliant :D

I trend to lie on the sofa watching them then fall asleep most times.

Morgan Freeman said:
I'm a tinkerer! I do watch my tanks but you can't beat a good trim and replant.

Same here. Nothing better than being elbow deep, so to speak.

johnski said:
Morgan Freeman said:

Depends, I would hate to be a farmer. Elbow deep in a cows blahblahblahblah.

Whitey89 said:
johnski said:
Morgan Freeman said:

Depends, I would hate to be a farmer. Elbow deep in a cows blahblahblahblah.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.
happy_cow_large.jpg

Dexie said:
I love to watch my fish going about their business, especially watching the tetras playing in the filter output stream. They spend hours swimming against the flow and then turning 180 degrees and surfing the flow across the tank - just brilliant :D

haha, yeah my SAE do this. I'm lucky to have a 1.5m tank so the surf they get looks like a lot of fun for them. Occasionally they swim too fast through the outflow and donk their heads on the internal filter. This doesn't look like much fun for them. :D

Back