• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tanks in a greenhouse!

burtonman

Seedling
Hi,---Anyone had experience of keeping tanks in a greenhouse, as i have had the thumbs down from suggesting keeping them in the house, would there be too much sunlight etc.?---thanks.

why have you been told not to have a tank in your house (unless you talking the panzer variety! :lol: )

99% of people have their tanks in their house.

Would think it would be too hot in summer and too cold in winter.

I imagine too much direct sunlight and also tanks overheating would be your main issues, interesting idea though, but I dont think it would work tbh.

Nick16 said:
why have you been told not to have a tank in your house (unless you talking the panzer variety! :lol: )

99% of people have their tanks in their house.

Thanks Nick, when the Mrs says no ---thats the end of the matter, although its 20 yrs since i put the idea to her, i am 100 percent pos she would say the same today----just not worth the hasstle------James was spot on-----Robert.

Yeah, I feel for you brother :(

I've seen a few marine tanks done in full glass conservatories in the past, but they have radiators and underground heating installed, along with auto venting for hot days. I could be possible, but I think you'd have more success if you kept the tank in an insulated garden shed, again with heating and venting... Don't give up yet Rob!

Thanks James,
Will probably go back to the shed idea, although the greenhouse would be kept at 50 F for mi orchids and hopefuly better insulated than average-- will think on this ---cheers Robert.

I have a small koi pond (400g) in a greenhouse. It is really well insulated, as is the greenhouse itself, and without a heater to even out temperature swings it was causing issues with whitespot. A tank would be subject to pretty bad temperature swings I think so not a good idea unless you can heavily shade it and heat the greenhouse as well as the tank.

Back