• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TDI's 720 litre Journal

TDI-line

Hi all, just thought i'd share a few pictures of my latest rescape. Having a few issues with BGA, GDA, but nothing too major. If you do notice anything wrong with colouration of plants etc, then please let me know. Thanks, Dan.

Tank: Akva-Stabil Effect line 720, with Effect-line cabinet with doors clad in aluminium.

Volume: 720 Litre., measures 2000 mm x 600 mm x 60 mm.

Filtration Eheim Pro 3e and Eheim Pro 2, both using Eheim media and Vecton V2 600 Steriliser.

Heating: 2 x 75 Watt Dennerle Bodenfluter heating cables, 1 x 300 Watt heater, both controlled by Dennerle Duomat Evolultion Deluxe.

CO2: Dennerle Classic Line Exclusive & Magnetic Shut Off Valve, with Evolution PH controller, fed from 2 KG CO2 bottles.

Lighting 4 x D+D T5 Razor Light Twin 2 x 39 Watt, with Giesemann Powerchrome Midday 6000 and Aquaflora bulbs.

Substrate: Dennerle Deponit Mix nutrient substrate layered with natural 2mm -3mm crystal quatrz gravel.

Fertilisers Tropica TPN+

Tank decor 25KG of mini-land scape rock from AE.

Main plants Shinnersia riv. 'Weiss-Grun', Bacopa Australis, Hygrophilia polysperma 'Rosanervig', Hemianthus micranthemoides, Cryptocorne balansae, Blyxa japonica, Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, Lilaeopsis macloviana

Specimen plants Crinum calamistratum, Echindorus x barthii,

Fish Shoal of Paracheirodon axelrodi, Ottocinculus, Crossocheilus siamensis, Corydoras sterbai, Caridina japonica, Splendens bettas and one Pterophyllum scalare.

Final hardscape.

DSC00132.jpg

Original final layout with Glossostigma Elatnoides foreground. These pictures where taken one day after planting.

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

That looks amazing! I cannot believe that those pictures are of a tank just after it has been set up. Beautiful, really beautiful.

Beautiful! It's grown in really well. Love some of the plants you've chosen there.

Nice angel but I'm afraid it's a red-spotted P.scalare not a P.altum. I have three of them at school and they are gorgeous.

I love the rock arrangement and the contrast of the Echinidorus. What happened to the other red plants though? They were standing the corner in the first shot.

Cheers,

Thanks for the kind replies all.

I didn't know how it was going to turn out though, based the rocks eventually on an Iwagumi style, with dutch planting, so Dutch-Iwagumi if you like.

Ed, thanks for the identification. You just can't trust your local MA can you, tut tut.

Mark, yes, jungle it is, but did have a good hack with the scissors last night, and removed all the glosso, to be replanted with a carpet of Lilaeopsis brasiliensi.

Cegipedia, the Alternanthera reineckii 'Pink' had lots of holes in the leaves, so i decided not to bother with these, and stick with my existing fast growers. Wasn't sure who was munching, fish or snails.

More pics will follow next week.

TDI-line said:
Ed, thanks for the identification. You just can't trust your local MA can you, tut tut.

To be fair to your LFS, they are sometimes called Peruvian Altums, but they're definitely P.scalare type (Though some people think they should be elevated to their own species along with a few other wild forms currently regarded as forms of P.scalare). Great fish whatever you call them. Two of mine have paired and I really need to try and get them spawning soon and see if I can get some F1 spotted scalares!!!

Hi TdI,i love it really nice,how do you manage your water changes? are you using tap water or ro,regards john.

john starkey said:
Hi TdI,i love it really nice,how do you manage your water changes? are you using tap water or ro,regards john.

Just Lincolnshire tap water, as i have a water meter.

I drain the water from the tank via my hoses and eheim tank crook, i also attach a gravel cleaner to the hose.

I have 3 100 litre water butts in my garage, i heat these upto temperature. Then pump the water back into the tank with the same hose.

I only change water every 3-4 weeks though.

DSC00124.jpg

Very impressive, very impressive indeed! Keep up the good work TDI I love the hardscape, really well balanced and executed.

Back