• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TDI's Blyxa-Blyxa Journal

TDI-line said:
I'm thinking about sumatra wood only scape this time, with Blyxa, some of the rarer crypts and some bushy stems, and maybe adding another power head.
If your after some sumatra then TGm have some uber pieces of jumbo sumatra in, I have some and Saintly has had some and it's really nice!

Thanks for the replies guys.

I was given the Blyxa by a very kind member of the forum, probably around 7 good stems. I then basically let it grow it more mature pieces and split every piece and replanted, again, and again, and again until i could cover 200 cm x 60 cm roughly. There would off been a good hundred specimens.

I then killed 90% of the blyxa with hair algae after neglecting my tank with working 7 days a week setting up my own business. :rolleyes:

I am now trying to save the remanding pieces, oh boy. Funny, the hair has now turned red after doing a 50% water change and dosing with Florish excel and more TPN+.

And thanks for the heads up Dan. :D

does AE still sell the mini land scape rock? im after something small that stick up but not massive if you get me, like yours. tank is superb by the way mate.

I know I'm months and months late to this one, but Christ on a bike! :wideyed: Just shows how awesome these tanks can look when they've been brilliantly set up and cleared of their stupid, pre-formed backgrounds.

Right thats it, the gloves are coming off....just you wait.... :lol:

hellohefalump said:
what's going on with the tank now? Love it how it was... update?

It's had a major rescape, i've removed all the mini-landscape rock, plants and tetras (which was not fun), and i have used new pieces of hardscape, but a new Journal will follow, once i have intsalled some new equipment, and a new shoal of fish. ;)

Back