• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TDI's Blyxa - Nano

Jur4ik said:
Hi TDI,
nice Nano, I have the same ;)

About the lightning: the small one (10L tank) has 9Watt and the bigger one (20L & 30L) has 11Watt.
The filter is very silent but the filter media is bad, I´ve replaced mine .

About HC and such little carpet stuff, I´ve tuned my little Nano to a high tech one, 2x11Wat Dennerle Lightning, Pressurized Co2 and an external cansiter filter (Eheim eeco pro 130). Inline heater, hydor eth200.
Also with ADA AS, TPN + EI

-> HC UG Tenellus are doing fine so far (runing for one week only) everything is already pearling so it must be doing fine :D

Sounds great, have you started a Journal or do you have nany pics?

I love it! Somehow I find myself wishing you could slice off the top 5cm of the tank though. The wood positioning is fantastic though. What are those cool snails in there?

i missed this TDI....looks great mate 8)

the hyrdocotle is an amazing foreground plant. even though i've not used it yet it's becoming one of faves. IMO it's one of the most natural looking foreground plant there is. would be great to use it to accent areas too in bigger tanks

samc said:
hows this doing now dan?

Hi Sam,

i've just replanted this for a more low maintenance setup, I've kept the same wood, but have changed the moss for xmas moss and changed the substrate for Mr Knott's fine soil, but i'll post new pictures to this Journal soon.

Steven Chong said:
I love it! Somehow I find myself wishing you could slice off the top 5cm of the tank though. The wood positioning is fantastic though. What are those cool snails in there?

Hi Steven,

many thanks for the kind comments. I too wish the tank had 5cm taken off the top and added to the width :D. The snails are assassin snails, which are great at getting rid of any rogue snails in your tank, Anentome helena.

saintly said:

Thanks Mark lol,

yes sometimes the more common plants are overlooked for the more newer ones..P.Helferi, Staurgoyne Sp, etc. I am guilty of that for sure.

TDI-line said:

Still have algae in my nano :( I think this is because of direct sunlight in the early morning)
Will rescape and replace it soon.

Jur4ik said:
TDI-line said:

Still have algae in my nano :( I think this is because of direct sunlight in the early morning)
Will rescape and replace it soon.

One trick i've done with both of my tanks with direct sunlight, is that i have vertical blinds fitted, so i am able to tilt the blinds so the sun's rays are not on the tank, but the light still comes in the room. Algae has reduced dramitically. :D

saintly said:

the hyrdocotle is an amazing foreground plant. even though i've not used it yet it's becoming one of faves. IMO it's one of the most natural looking foreground plant there is. would be great to use it to accent areas too in bigger tanks

I agree. I've used it's larger cousin for scapes in the past, and there is a similar species that would just grow in very damp soil conditions in my backyard. It was a weed, but I was always loathe to remove it because it really does look quite cute and creates a similar effect that you have in your tank TDI.

Very pretty, I like!

Back