• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TDI's Parva-Parva

TDI-line

Tank: Dennerle Nano Cube

Volume: 20 Litre.

Filtration: Standard Dennerle filter.

Heating: None.

CO2: None.

Lighting: Standard Dennerle lighting.

Substrate: Oliver Knott's Nature Soil (fine).

Ferts: ADA Phyton Git, TPN+.

Tank decor: Sumatra Driftwood.

Plants: Cryptocoryne Amicorum, Cryptocoryne Parva, Vesicularia Dubyana 'Christmas'.

Fish: Caridina sp. "Crystal Red", Anentome helena.

Low tech and low key are the aims of this scape, and just letting the CRS breed with the minimum off disturbance.

Only two crypts have been used, Tropica's C.Parva, and Aquafleur's C.Amicorum, which are probably one and the same plant. See if you can spot the difference.

I may add some more moss or fissidens inbetween some of the crypyts, but will be nice to see how slowly the crypts grow.

The nature soil is top class, and the tank was crystal clear within hours, with no floating bits of bark or twigs.

052.jpg

053.jpg

I reallly like it! Just nice and simple - how we like it. :)

Some of the Parva I have is growing alarmingly tall...

Cool concept, to get away from any CO2 and ferts, give the little fellas a chance. What temp is it without the heater? Mine is 23 without heating, I understand from LD that for succesful hatching it needs to be < 24 degrees. Shrimp look like some fantastic specimens, plenty of solid colour.

Best of Luck, Tom

Optimal breeding temp for most shrimps is 22-25/6, metabolism speeds up at these temperatures, shrimps live shorter lives but grow and breed faster. growing faster also means that they can have there own babies earlier.
If you want to keep your high grading in the tank i would remove the low grade one in the second photo to another tank if possible.
nice tank though :D

saintly said:
nice mate,

there's an awful lot of nano's flying about recently. i gota get me one to try.

Thanks bud, I'm surprised you haven't got one yet. :rolleyes: ;)

samc said:
bet the crs will love it they are great little shrimp

Thanks Sam, there having a ball. :lol:

rawr said:
I reallly like it! Just nice and simple - how we like it. :)

Some of the Parva I have is growing alarmingly tall...

Cheers Thomas, i think parva is one of my favourite plants now, and have ordered 16 pots of the Aquafleur version for my other tank, half the price of parva.

Themuleous said:
Great little nano :) how many CRS have you got!!!!

Sam

Hi Sam, thanks. I think there is around 40-50, but most are small fry.

George Farmer said:
Cute little set-up mate. I like it!

You should have more luck breeding the CRS than your other project.... ;)

Cheers George, yes i'm having more luck with these, and the other project has been moved to the garage for one last go, hopefully i can do more water changes with a hose and this hot weather. Maybe i'll try and duplicate the raining season in the Amazon.

JamesM said:
Nice work Dan :)

Thanks James.

john starkey said:
Hi Dan,
very nice mate,are you hopeing the shrimp breed?,
regards john.

Thank you John. They bred about a month or so ago, and now i've had three individual batches in the last week, babies galore.

TBRO said:
Cool concept, to get away from any CO2 and ferts, give the little fellas a chance. What temp is it without the heater? Mine is 23 without heating, I understand from LD that for succesful hatching it needs to be < 24 degrees. Shrimp look like some fantastic specimens, plenty of solid colour.

Best of Luck, Tom

Thanks Tom. Temperature is varied at the moment, but is around 20-23c depending on surrounding heat, but normally around 20c.

Dan Crawford said:
The tanks lookin lovely Dan, happy days :D I bet the shrimp are loving it!

UKAPS BABY!! :D

mr. luke said:
Optimal breeding temp for most shrimps is 22-25/6, metabolism speeds up at these temperatures, shrimps live shorter lives but grow and breed faster. growing faster also means that they can have there own babies earlier.
If you want to keep your high grading in the tank i would remove the low grade one in the second photo to another tank if possible.
nice tank though :D

Thanks Mr Luke. I was thinking about removing a few of the shrimp who haven't coloured up aswell, but was wondering if they could be the males :? . What would be the best temperature overall, with out shortening there lives but having some regular babies?

Tonser said:
Nice and simple Dan - thats a good way to go :D

Where did you get the CRS from ?
Cheers

Tony

Cheers Tony. They were all bought from The WaterZoo in Peterborough, they were all from Holland and they have regular shipments of nice species of shrimp. I think i paid about £10-12 each, and if you buy 6 livestock, you get one free, and they through in the last one aswell, so happy days. :D

LondonDragon said:
Looking great Dan and those CRS are lovely, wanna spare 3-4 females?? lol I think I only have one left.
Keep us posted in the breeding progress :)

Cheers Paulo, i'll bear you in mind in a few months for some of the newbies, if all goes well.

Garuf said:
It's a Parva palava! Oh i'm so funny. Good Start TDI.

Lol Gareth, you the man. 8)

They breeding yet Dan? Mine have bred twice now in the last month, I have some nice size shrimplets now, about half a centimiter long and yesterday spotted some more tiny ones about 1mm in size :)

Hi Paulo, yep, they've bred about 4 times so far, so i'm thinking about placing all of these in my 720L, and maybe try some Sulawesi Cardinals in here, with higher temp and ph of course.

Back