• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Temperature for Blue Rams

Luketendo

Just got some German Blue Rams yesterday and heater is set to 25 C. Being in tropical Australia the tank is currently at 26 C and will probably be above 25 C most of the time anyway, however on some days in winter the heater temperature will be reached.

25 C was chosen because having a relatively low temperature is probably best for a planted tank and fine for the other tank inhabitants - Emperor Tetra, Ember Tetra, Cardinal Tetra, Otocinclus.

However I was wondering if anybody else had had any experience was keeping rams at a temperature of around 25 C or less and how they go long term. I am aware that many sites say they prefer 28 C or so. Also have in mind that perhaps the Otocinclus especially may not want the temperature too high if possible.

I notice that ADA claim to have their gallery tanks at 25 C including with rams (https://www.adana.co.jp/en/contents/process/index.html). Not sure if this is accurate or not however.

Last edited:
Back