• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Terraliving and Baiosphere

Aqua360

On Instagram I follow some aquascaping people/companies, two of which are baiosphere and terraliving, has anyone else seen them? (Pics below)

I'm really inspired by the moss emersed scapes they post, it would be great if we had the same type of terraliving set-ups they offer, over here; apparently only available in Malaysia sadly.

Has anyone set up anything like the below using alternatives? I don't seem to have much success with emersed mosses!

5caedc724f3778f2a368634ac58b1c5f.jpg
images (2).jpeg
1e6c4cdc0a7726d1c75e3ed93a1298f6.jpg

Aqua

Is this what you are asking for?

Both photos are several months old and Terrascapes have developed more
The Jebo Bow fronted tank.
Terrascape%208.19%20edited-1.jpg

The 5ft Terrascape
cape%202%20%2023.9.18%20....%20%201.19%20_edited-1.jpg

Keith:wave::greenfinger:

Aqua

Is this what you are asking for?

Both photos are several months old and Terrascapes have developed more
The Jebo Bow fronted tank.
Terrascape%208.19%20edited-1.jpg

The 5ft Terrascape
cape%202%20%2023.9.18%20....%20%201.19%20_edited-1.jpg

Looks great! Good growth in there, I'd be looking to replicate on a much smaller scale, how are your humidity levels?

Have you seen serpadesign on youtube. It's a great channel for these type of projects and he makes a terrarium from an old aquarium that looks very simple and impressive (depending on your diy skills).

You could probably make something similar with one of the off the shelf mini terrariums that are commonly available.

Aqua

Looks great! Good growth in there, I'd be looking to replicate on a much smaller scale, how are your humidity levels?

Thank you Humidity ??? no idea there is no moisture visible in either tank.

Each tank is mist sprayed every morning and deep watered as required. Both tanks have UGF's and are watered through the riser in the back corner.
The Bow front riser can be seen RH corner and will be covered by the small leafed plant
The 5ft is back LH corner behind some wood and impossible to see.

@Keith GH , Nice scapes! Do you get alot of condensation there? I may consider one for the office if I decide to decommission my fluval edge 23L.

Yes, I've seen them before, on Pinterest, you will also find a lot of images and links about it.
https://nl.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=terrascape&rs=typed&term_meta[]=terrascape|typed

It inspired me to make this one.
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/a-wardian-case.53297/#post-565466

I don't seem to have much success with emersed mosses!

Depending on the species mosses can be very temperature sensitive and struggle in long term higher temps such as summer periods indoors under relative strong artificial light. In my experience, the temp sensitive ones usually revive when the temps drop again.

To find the correct species for a project can be a pain since ID'ing and getting what you ask for is rather difficult. So you need a bit of luck too..

Most pictures shown on the net are obviously taken when the projects are at their best. And likely also suffer ups and downs, but who wants to show something suffering.. I had/have several projects and yet never managed to create something long term stable regarding all mosses in there.

Last edited:
Rebel

@Keith GH , Nice scapes! Do you get alot of condensation there? I may consider one for the office if I decide to decommission my fluval edge 23L.

The 5ft does not have a top and the Bow fronted is open back and front the glass top in only there to place the light on.

Just seen these baiospheres on jurijs youtibe i think they look very promising to have in house beside tv and in living room to use as a lamp and bring some green indoors, anyone have one yet ?

They look pricey but really good.
Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I'd love to get a Baiosphere but the price puts me off... I guess you do get the grow light included but I think I could make a set up a lot cheaper

Back