• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Terry the tortoise

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
This is my neighbour's pet tortoise, Terry. He's over 60 years old has been with them for over 50 years.

Terry has recently awoken from hibernation, so their owner brought it over for Florence, my youngest daughter, to see.

I had to get out the camera and asked if it was ok to use some flash, as wanted to try out some different off-camera techniques to enhance the great textures. Terry didn't seem bothered at all. The perfect model!

terry02-crop.jpg

terry01-crop.jpg

We all love pics.

I've seen a horese fly, I've seen dragon fly (however it goes) but I gueus I've seen about everything when i've seen a tortoise fly........, must have been a good hibernation :lol:

More pics with the new super-duper camera please. Any close-ups of the latest setup?? No, I didn't thimk so! :(

Thanks, guys.

Simon D said:
Any close-ups of the latest setup?? No, I didn't thimk so! :(
Hi Simon,

Generally I like keep my latest 'scape shots under wraps until they've been published and seen by the paying public i.e. PFK readers.

Once they've been published I will often share images on UKAPS etc.

George Farmer said:
Thanks, guys.

Simon D said:
Hi Simon,

Generally I like keep my latest 'scape shots under wraps until they've been published and seen by the paying public i.e. PFK readers.

That's such a shame mate... maybe you should do a ukaps exclusive scape soon :)

Terry is awesome! I've always wanted a tortoise :D

George Farmer said:
Thanks, guys.

Simon D said:
Hi Simon,

I am a PFK subscriber, so where are the images? :lol:

samc said:
iv got a tortoise the same not sure how old he is though but ino hes over 40. hes had a hard life he went missing for about a day when a last ditch attempt my dad scraped a net along the bottom of a pond and by miricle found him

he was in a pond? wow, what a legend of a tortoise!

i actually well want one, i'm not even joking. :lol:

Back