Tetra Aquasafe

nigel bentley

Silly question of the week but here goes

When I do a water change I religiously add relevant dose of Aqua safe to each bucket.

As I have a sore back, is it possible when water changing to add new water via a hose, then add the relevant amount of Aquasafe straight into the tank

My tank is quite large and I exchange 30% per week which equates to around 10 buckets.
Any thoughts would be gratefully received. Sorry for the divvy question. Thanks Nigel

alto

Be kind to your back! You only have one :)

I’ve been using a Python Water Change System for years, when I begin refilling the tank, I add a dose of Prime for the entire tank volume (Seachem discusses this at length on their site, check FAQ, Bulletin Board) - note I leave filter running during water changes so new water mixes very quickly with tank water
Then as a slightly paranoid individual (after some very negative experiences with tap water) I add a second Prime dose once the tank has filled - I’m just downstream of a Chlorine dosing station so tap levels may be higher than a single Prime dose will treat (again Seachem lists amount of Chlorine/Chloramine treated by Prime dose)

Any water hose will transport the water - I like the Python version as it’s transparent and even after 20 years only shows very slight fogging (and it’s more flexible than alternate branded aquarium systems) - just check that it’s meant for potable water so has no anti-mould/anti-fungals added to the inside of the hose
(eg I can’t buy a “garden/outdoor” hose in my country that has not been so helpfully treated :banghead: )

nigel bentley

Hi, Thanks for your help. I will look into a Python system when lock down is over. In the meantime, I'm going to refill using a hose and gradually adding conditioner. I always tend to keep the filters running out of habit really and as you said will mix water quickly
Stay safe and thank you