• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tetra Tetratec EX700 real flow rate.

zvirus

Hi Everyone,

This information may help before You go to the shop and spend money. ;)
I took EX700 for my Juwel 180. I decided that 700l/h [possible average flow rate 500-600l/h] will be far enough for my tank volume.

I`ve check the filter at the two water surface levels 150cm [59"] and 70cm [28"]. There was no media in the filter[!]
I`ve used 1l jug and my watch. The Jug was filled in 10 sec at the level 150cm and in 10sec at the level 70cm.
Real measured flow rate = 360l/h :(
I`d like to congratulate Tetra good marketing. It`s always easy to put on the box 700l/h but it`s not acceptable for me when REAL flow rate is 50% less :!:
That`s why i chose Eheim 2217...

thats wierd because mine is much nearer the 700lph mark.

where did you test it? is the filter below the tank? if so by how much?

zvirus said:
Hi Everyone,

This information may help before You go to the shop and spend money. ;)
I took EX700 for my Juwel 180. I decided that 700l/h [possible average flow rate 500-600l/h] will be far enough for my tank volume.

I`ve check the filter at the two water surface levels 150cm [59"] and 70cm [28"]. There was no media in the filter[!]
I`ve used 1l jug and my watch. The Jug was filled in 10 sec at the level 150cm and in 10sec at the level 70cm.
Real measured flow rate = 360l/h :(
I`d like to congratulate Tetra good marketing. It`s always easy to put on the box 700l/h but it`s not acceptable for me when REAL flow rate is 50% less :!:
That`s why i chose Eheim 2217...

I running a 2080 and its lost half is flow rate once filter media added, OEM flow rate 1700 lph actual lph 675. Also see attached thread regarding flow rates viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5871.

Regards
paul.

Hi,

Yes. I agree, but not always the flow is 50% less than OEM.
Have a look here: http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/bigpics/eheiminfo.htm

My Eheim 2217 - OEM flow - 1000l/h. Real flow - about 700l/h [70% of OEM flow]
Mind that my tested EX700 was completely empty.
It`s really annoying when You see on the box 700l/h and You get only 50% of the "marketing" flow.
Have You ever seen similar web site with Tetra filter? I spend a lot of time to find real flow rate for EX series and I never ever found it.

Some very interesting observations and this has swayed me to opt for an Eheim 2217.

At first I was going to purchase the TTex1200.

Thank you for taking the time and testing this out and sharing the information.

R

i brought a ttex600 for a 35litre, and its currently cyling for 6 weeks in a 60litre, i can tell that the flow rate is no where near than that suggested, but heyho, even if its half im still doing fine for a 35litre tank :)

Back