Tetratec 1200 problem

Discussion in 'Filters, Filtration and Pumps' started by Arana, 1 Jan 2008.

1. Arana

Arana Member

My 1200 has (after 6 months of silent, faultless running) suddenly started to make a loud vibration every few mins and then expelling lots of air from the outflow. It's been 2 weeks since it's last clean (normally do it monthly) but i stripped it and cleaned it anyway but it made no differance. it must be taking the air in from somewhere but i cant find it, any ideas? :?

2. tgc

tgc Member

If you look where the hoses attach to the taps and to the inflow and outflows, where the screw tightners screw down sometimes (on mine anyway) the hose comes away from the tapered bit, the solution i use is to cut an inch off the hose to make a better seal.

Know what i mean??

3. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

Has a seal become trapped or damaged so that it's sucking air in?

4. Arana

Arana Member

thanks for the replies guys, i've been flat out at work since 6am yesterday so i wont get a chance to check the seals close until the weekend. i'll let you know how what i find

5. Arana

Arana Member

sorry it took so long to get back to this i've been working away :(

it turned out to be the moulded plastic ubend on the inflow had split at the seem :!: have replaced it with a eheim inflow kit but i'm having a problem with one of the seals on that now, at least i know what it is now :)