• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tetratec EX2400

Got it from Living Seas and paid £189.99 for it, with free postage. There doesn't seem to be many people selling it to be honest. Living seas were the most on the ball about updating their website about having it in stock so seemed they deserved my custom :) (I think they only got them in yesterday).

My only hesitation is the size of the thing, there has been no info on the net about how big it is (although I expect it to be a fair size, but a better shape than the FX5 which has the stupid motor sticking out the side). The intake and outlet pipes might also be quite large according to the Tetra manual. Will have to see, would like to use cal aqua glassware if the pipes are the right size.

Sam

Dimensions: L 34 / W 33 / H 60 (cm): http://www.rocketaquatics.co.uk/tetratec-2400-external-filter-aquariums-1000-litres-p-1754.html

It draws 60W of current and costs 180 quid so cheaper both to buy and run two 1200EX at 21W and 65 quid each + you get the redundancy. Not much clearance in a 70cm high cabinet either :D

Strange it needs more power, you'd think there would be some economies of scale there?

Sam I presume this will all be photo catalogued in your forthcoming journal? You are going to do a journal, right?

You did better than me finding that site!!!

I don't have the space for two filters and I like the ease of only have one to clean. I'll not be over loading the tank with fish and I have spare externals if things go pair shaped with it. I've got an EX 600 (thanks to PFK ;)) that is working perfectly, which is also my I went for the ex2400 over the FX5.

And yes I'll be running a journal with photos ;)

Sam

Back