• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tetratec external filter leaking problems

I've got a new EX1200 that's not been used yet. Do you think I should go for prevention, as apposed to cure, and see if I can get the replacement parts without testing my carpet with the existing unit??

Simon Dee

You should contact tetra on thier web site www.tetra-service.net or call them on 00800 766 88766 and get the part replaced before you have any problems.

As nick said the problem can start 4 month's down the line, so being proactive now will give you some piece of mind.

Mark Green said:
You should contact tetra on thier web site http://www.tetra-service.net or call them on 00800 766 88766 and get the part replaced before you have any problems.

As nick said the problem can start 4 month's down the line, so being proactive now will give you some piece of mind.
Thanks for the contact details, will do this before stting up,

Much appreciated

My EX1200 started leaking last week, so I sent them an email, but haven't got a reply. I took the filter apart, and put it back together, which stopped the leaking till this Monday. Now it's leaking again, so I tried ringing the first number on this thread, and was then told to ring the number that's in the post above this. However I keep being put on hold, and then being told to leave a message, which I have, but they still haven't rung back. I've rung 2 times yesterday, and twice today, always getting put on hold with the message 'all our operators are busy' and then told to leave a message after a few minutes later. :(

I've got the filter standing in a plastic box, so I can keep it running, and just empty the box's water twice a day, though last night I found an adult cherry shrimp in the box, how it got there I have no idea. :?

Has anyone else had issues contacting Tetra? If they have, have you found a way to get through to them? It's geting rather annoying!

Cheers,

Go through the website mentioned above but it will take about a week to get it though

OK, I've gone through the website, hopefully that will get me the required parts soon!

I really don't know how the cherry got into the box, the only way I can think of is that it came through the leak, but I can't believe that the gap is big enough for a shrimp. I did take the filter apart a couple of days ago, so I guess it could have escaped then, and jumped into the box... :?

I don’t like necroposting on old threads but my EX600+ is leaking inside the head. I’ve sent an email to Tetra but I don’t know whether they’ll replace this part now? Replacements are available for about £18. Just to be sure, did replacing this part cure the problem? I notice the lever is a slightly different shape to the original so I assume this is the updated model TIA.
BADDF4E2-88C1-433B-A403-18BA473938B9.jpeg

Back