• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tetratec Spares

Gank@Ukaps

Does anybody know of where to buy spares for tetratec external filters, I have phone Tetratec - Southampton who advised me that there spares division was now in Austria on which i called, well trying to explain what you require and all you recieve back verbally is to place your order via the web site - about as much use a ash tray on a motor bike.

Paul.

Complete set of:

Water intake pipe x 2 - parts No. 11, 13 & 14
Water outlet pipe 15, 17, 18 x 2 (four section) & 19.

Regards
Paul.

Parts Diagram attached th_tetra-spares-all.jpg

James

Thx tired them limited spares available - waiting for new ones to arrive, they too are having issues with delivery. There is a guy on Ebay selling some but he wants £20.00 a set - that dearer than buy them from Austria Inc. postage.

Regards

paul.

Yes - is does have to be tetratec. Tetratec water intake / outlet arrangement is far superior to eheim std system. My biggest problem is I am an engineer and I work to less than one thousands of an inch 0.001" and 90% of my work involves being less than the previously stated tolerance. If you dont understand thous, a piece of paper is 4 thou thick = 0.004", so if I dont like something I re-engineer to make it better.

Eg. Last week I got my Eheim 2080 up and running, yesterday afternoon I made improvements to the arrangements of the intake / outlet pipes - prior to yesterday it looked like spaghetti junction on a bad day. So a few clips, additional hole cut in cupboard and hoses cut to suit - now it looks 100% better. Next job Co2 pipes and p-clips.

EheimFilterlayout002.jpg

EheimFilterlayout003.jpg

Regards

Paul.

hi paul,
is that a co2 reactor in there :?: .if so what one and whats it like :) .
thanks
neil

Neil

Yes it is Aqua Medic 1000 with Sera sipax - bought from the green machine. Now I have additional filter media and it also diffuses the Co2 gas and for the first time since fitting this my plants have been pearling.

Regards

paul.

Neil

Aqua medic 1000 reactor with sipax media - additional filtration & difuses my Co2 gas - bought from the green machine.

Paul.

Sam

Eheim green pipe is a slide on fit to their inlet / outlet "solid green pipes" - tetra's is a push on fit and the pipe is secured by a locknut - thats got to be better.

Eheim spray bar is attached to the shepards crook by a piece of green tubing as recommended by them, tetra's system has an elbow which attaches to the hook which I agree is a bit boxes and their spray bar fit into elbow. All the joints have "O" rings and in my eye far better.

The eheim filter is superb - but the filter pipes and attachments are poor, not much consideration has been given to these parts, which tells me this is an after thought.

Answer me this question - how are you going to remove these pipe for cleaning without loosing any tank water? as you can see by my pic's I can isolate all my pipes for cleaning and loosing minimal tank water.

As I stated before I am an engineer and engineers look into thing deeper and are always making improvements.

Regards
paul.

They are very hard to find I just need part 19 and 2 suctions cups. Part 19 is very hard to find. Tetra service-team are going to see if they can send it me out.

I have both those pipesets not being used at the moment BUT they are for the EX700 so are 12mm not 16mm.

You can have them for a tenner if you want them but I think you are after the 16mm based on your filter.

AC

Hi supercoley1, I know this is a bit cheeky but if fly fisherman doesn't want them can I buy them from you please as I could use a replacement hose end for my ex700.

Back