• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

That HC question again?

tko187

Probably been asked a hell of a lot, but could only find a few posts regarding what i needed to know, my hc has at some parts going yellow, and some other parts are actually going like a transparent or darker color and breaking off?? Anyone help or is this normal in the first few weeks of a new plant just trying to settle in the tank.

Oh yeah what temp does hc like i think im at 27-28???

Any other pointers, links to growing this brilliant plant would be helpful.

Thanks guys and girls.

tko187 said:
my hc has at some parts going yellow, and some other parts are actually going like a transparent or darker color and breaking off

A 5% loss would be considered normal in my book. It's inevitable that you'll lose some of the HC when first planted.

tko187 said:
i think im at 27-28???

i have it on good advice that 26c is good. i run any tank with HC @ 26.

High co2 is good, ferts and light to match. liquid carbon products are a nice addition to any HC growing venture, as are regular W/C's

Thank you saintly, nice and swift!!!

Should it be pearling, i havent seen any of my plants pearling at all, only after a water change or when i had my co2 eally high and emtied a 500g bottle in 3 days??

I mean how am i supposed to know when co2 is too much, would the drop checker go bright yellow as right now it shows slightly lime green/yellow??? I cant seem to tell the difference between yellow/lime green, you guys tink im crazy right but seriously cant tell, maybe need to buy a glass drop checker, would it help?

Thanks again.

tko187 said:
as right now it shows slightly lime green/yellow??? I cant seem to tell the difference between yellow/lime green

your in the right area, green lime green, light green, their all in the correct areas for HC, any plant for that matter. just because a plant isn't pearling, doesn't mean its the end of the world.

try to 'drive' the co2 downwards via a korolia power head. George will tell you, misting and HC go hand in hand.

Have tried aiming the koralia down but this just seems to blow around a lot of the aquasoil. Still i will try again tomorow as lights are off now. Thanks Saintly regardin the pearling, it may sound sad but i need this in my life!!! lol

Back