• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Art of Nature Aquarium

Any one interested in the ADA gallery I’d recommend this book. It’s 30 euros plus postage on aquasabi, so not too bad at all.

https://www.aquasabi.com/Oliver-Knott-Training-Days-In-Japan-My-Journey

At 1st glance I thought it was rather basic, but upon reading I find myself learning a small thing in each chapter. It is very entertaining and funny also with excellent photos.

On my link there is only 1 left in stock, so if they run out it may be worth pming Oliver Knott on social media as to where you can get one. Alternatively contact Aquasabi to see when they may have more in, assuming it is still in print.

[
Their content is timeless. This site has become heavily weighted towards scientific argument lately, which is great. However, thought the content list could do with something firmly planted in the art side for anyone new to the hobby. Bit of eye candy for inspiration.

Can we pin this post! 😂

Great content you have posted @Geoffrey Rea really interesting to watch the vids totally agree with this site becoming more and more scientific which has its place it's just not at all aspirational of what I think ukaps should be to the new comers

This forum tends to be heavier in scientific discussions as many posters, like Tom Barr and Dianne Walstad, have science or academia background. Amano is not a scientist but a nature photographer, so he sees aquascaping with artist eyes. His well known publications are heavy in photography, but light in narratives and science. His approach is empirical, based on experience more than theories. Even his discovery of the use of CO2 is an accident by pouring soda water after a bar visit. His contribution in aquascaping includes not just CO2, but pioneering the use of novel plant species, mosses, carpet plants and shrimp he explored from nature.

totally agree with this site becoming more and more scientific which has its place it's just not at all aspirational of what I think ukaps should be to the new comers

Not wishing to be misunderstood, fully appreciate there is a need for both. Beyond that there is a huge amount of gratitude for everyone and anyone that contributes to UKAPS. This thread is simply comprised of videos that are clearly seated in artistic merit. A catalogue of the big ones that appear to have inspired a lot of people that have chatted about the matter.

The sharing of these videos from ADA and ADA alone is to display these projects without a YouTuber putting their head in the way and giving you their mind dump. Everyone can make their own minds up for themselves.

I think Amano when he concentrated on the benefits of CO2 and nature aquarium made a decision to go high end and quality on ADA products with his own theory and method. It would have been easy for ADA to make a budget range and probably more financial expansion but he didn't compromise on his beliefs and think we should acknowledge that

Really smart 180cm. Relatively low amount of hardscape and lower profile of soil. Still uses all the same techniques as previously showcased in larger projects. Shows the benefit of planning ahead with pre-soaked wood and wabi kusa.

This one is stunning; perfect use of shadows, wood placement is top notch and clever use of ohko stones...very inspiring. :)

This generation of ADA scapers seem to have a really great contrast between their styles. You can almost pinpoint the scaper just from viewing the scape, which is promising. A noticeable divergence away from Amano led scape creations for the 2020’s. Daisuke Inoue’s repeated preference for hornwood and ohko stone in the 120cm and the other 180cm in the gallery especially stands out for all the reasons you outline @CooKieS

1601109805169.jpeg

1601110039880.jpeg

One of my favourites, great plant choice and fish selection. The black water apistogramma in that tank is amazing.I like how ADA often use rarer fish that aren’t the usual harlequins etc that we often see in aquascapes. There are so many suitable fish people can use if they think outside the box a little bit.

cheers

Conor

Back