• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Banyan Forests of Stickleback Island

Is this tank still running ? :) I really like it, Its very rustic or something and the window is a brilliant way of lighting it.

I love the understated sophistication of your tank, it is very elegant and magical. It reminds me of the streams I used to catch bullheads and sticklebacks in as a kid.

The shabby chic rim and the sash window gives the whole thing an old world charm; not sure about the closing shot of your scuddies though :sick: :)

Cheers guys, very kind of you.

Had to take the tank down though cos I have moved to Vietnam. Have just got here and in the process of setting myself up with a pad with a balcony so I can set up a tank. They love aquariums out here and they have some great planted tank shops. I have shipped all my filtering equipment cos that's cheaper than buying a new set. I will get a tank made here. I went to a aquarium makers and I can get a tank about the size of my last on for about 50 quid! Well obviously it's time to upgrade. I am also shipping my Mynah bird out here (the one you can see in the photos).

Will start a new Journal as soon as I set up my new MASSIVE tank.

WOO HOO.

BigTom said:
That looks absolutely lovely in the video. I watched it twice!

Whats the trailing plant on the wood?

Cheers. The trailing plant was Creeping fig - Ficus pumila. It grew really well with just the roots dangling in the aquarium, in fact I started it as a large cutting with the stump in the water. It is also supposedly very good for improving the water quality although I'm not sure in what way. I would def recommend it.

S

Can't wait to see the new build :)
Good luck in Vietnam, maybe a Vietnamese biotope could be on the cards? :D
Kris

Wow,

Just followed a link to your thread.

Great tank, I really really like it. Beautiful.

Jack

jalexst said:
Wow,

Just followed a link to your thread.

Great tank, I really really like it. Beautiful.

Jack

Same that tank is probably one of my favourite, I prefer it to Amano's even! Great natural look and I am going to try to make something like this for my next tank. :D

The shabby chic rim and the sash window gives the whole thing an old world charm; not sure about the closing shot of your scuddies though :sick: :)[/quote]

I couldn't agree more, a really simple and classy example. And I laughed so much when I saw the scrumpled kegs on the bed!! What the f!!!?!?!? Heheee!! :D

I hope more folk get into emersed growth. There's so many variables in style and of course it opens a whole new world of plants to use in an 'emersed Aquascape'

What fish you got in it, anything interesting????

Cheers

Gavin'

Back