• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

the best way of adding co2 to a 300L

Mark Evans

Expert
here's when i discovered co2. a ladder to the left and 2 x bottle thingys :lol:

see all the algae on the wood?....i thought it looked cool :wideyed:

_MG_7689-01.jpg

IAPLC! i'm coming your way!

Saintly

I bought a inline reactor and in my eye it working better. Please review my thread Tetratec spares for pic's.

EheimFilterlayout003.jpg

Paul

As said by Sam - at least CO2 was being added. How many of us wondered why our plants were suffering in the beginning?

I added DIY to a gravel only community tank my wife had as an experiment and the plants flew up, once they broke the surface no more problems - although Vallis growing to 90cm in a 50cm high tank does cause it's own problems !!

That said, I'm enjoying life with my own CO2 reactors - helped me realise I wasn't dosing enough macros !!

altaaffe said:
How many of us wondered why our plants were suffering in the beginning?

and then some!

Having the internet has helped my tank come along leaps and bounds. I would never have plunged so deeply into the hobby had it not been for sites like this one and the barr report giving me the confidence that I will be able to work out and rectify any problems that I have.

a1Matt said:
altaaffe said:
How many of us wondered why our plants were suffering in the beginning?

and then some!

Having the internet has helped my tank come along leaps and bounds. I would never have plunged so deeply into the hobby had it not been for sites like this one and the barr report giving me the confidence that I will be able to work out and rectify any problems that I have.

my thoughts exactly matt, the best thing is I'm still learning more and more each day. Have to thank places like Ukaps and the people on here like Dan, George, Clive, Paulo, to name but a few.

Flyfisherman said:
Saintly

I bought a inline reactor and in my eye it working better. Please review my thread Tetratec spares for pic's.

EheimFilterlayout003.jpg

Paul

Paul, can you tell me where you purchased those tap/connectors on your Eheim?

The Optimats are useless, even on a smaller tank they cannot keep a stable CO2 level. And the DIY ladders on a tank that size are likely not ideal either.

If money is no object then the Boyu diffusers via eBay for £5 each (yes, £5!) are cracking value for an external inline diffuser. You'd work them with DIY CO2, but for a tank that size a 2KG fire extinguisher and eBay regulator would be the best bet - set you back around £75 but you'll get stable CO2 that you can alter the dosage of to ensure (with a drop checker and 4dkh water) you get 30ppm.

Back