• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
thanks guys.

@ Ady, it would have made a good wabi, but i'm not sure the mrs would have let me cover it in cling film due to it looking untidy. As for the ferts, i'm not sure yet. I'd like to keep it low tech

heres a quick shot from tonight, water is clear and stems are standing up

8402563657_625efbffdf_z.jpg
bowl by Ian Holdich, on Flickr
Yeah I know what you mean mate, it's looking very crisp and tidy.
The tank really acts as a frame for the scene inside, moreso than a 'standard' aquascape....it looks 'encapsulated'....very nice!
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thanks ady! We can always rely on you for a decent critique in a post. I will try and get some decent video footage in the next day or so.

Looking funky Ian I hope you know you may of started a new craze... Great look. After reading that some members' partners ACTUALLY liked this look of tank for once, I happily showed it too the mrs and the out come was as always... "why has he put a silly red cereal bowl in his tank"... so I still continue to get the gf's approval :lol:

Tbh it does suit the tank, it's quite funny as this tank is in the kitchen and the lights have never been on a timer, so when I get in from work the lights are normally off, since I have done this she's asking what time to turn the lights on...she chose the betta.

Tbh it does suit the tank, it's quite funny as this tank is in the kitchen and the lights have never been on a timer, so when I get in from work the lights are normally off, since I have done this she's asking what time to turn the lights on...she chose the betta.
Looks great, and its obvious the mrs chose that betta, it matches the bowl!
You ever had a background on this Ian?
Cheerio,
Ady

Thats the way mate, get the ball and chain envolved then you'll get the go ahead for the 90 easier ;)
Really liking this, its nice to have a tank or two you dont have to faff with all the time.
Betta (bruce?) is nice, couple of ottos for company?

@ ady, cheers mate, no never had a background, might get some coloured card and experiment.

@ Iain, thank you, the tank is only small, not sure it's big enough for otos tbh. Might just stick some Amanos in when I take the other tank down.

That's looks dam good mate, very different to what we see on here...full marks for creation! The fish is a great addition and complements it very well, I have a blue fighter too.... Lovely fish :)
A splendid job old chap ;)

Some bamboo maybe?

Any updates on this one mate?

stunning and totally unique love the simplistic idea, totally different form what we used to really like it ian and I love bettas

thanks for sharing Dean

Hi guys, I'm affraid this isn't running anymore, it grew in well. I just had to remove my nano when we got our kitchen decorated. The ball and chain isn't to keen on letting me set it up again.

Back