• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Cryptarium

Re: Marks Crypt Tank - Osaka 260L

Thanks Graham, might just do that :thumbup:

Not usual a fan of crypts but that is a really beautiful set up, well done is scaping the Osaka "abyss".

Regards Tom

This is a brilliant use of crypts i love it, :D wouldnt change anything on the tank. not to disagree to much with a founder :lol: but im not sure if moss will tank away from this tank more than it will give. i think as the crypts grow they will look even better as they fill in all the gaps!!

16 Week update

I am very pleased with the progress on the tank, plants are establishing well and showing good growth. Algae is mostly gone and not an issue (thanks for the help on that one Graham @ TGM :thumbup: ) having dosed 15ml of Easy Carbo daily. I intend to reduce this now. I have also reduced water changes now to 6/7 days.

Consuming CO² fairly fast, bubble count is way to fast to count. Used a 2kg CO² in 14 weeks - not sure if this is to be expected?

Now dosing 1ml of TPN per day for 5 days and 1ml TPN+ two days per week

687249929_fm6Mg-L.jpg

687250617_Jj3RX-L.jpg

687250418_2tV28-L.jpg

687250244_gtJCL-L.jpg

687249749_riRbd-L.jpg

687250099_3esmK-L.jpg

And that's why I love crypts....

Great job, Mark! Congratulations on a beautiful creation. :D

One very minor niggle, if I may be so bold? The fossilised wood looks great but the darkest/largest piece looks a little out of place. It's colour is at odds with the other pieces and it's very rectangular. It's a very minor point and I hope you don't mind me pointing it out. I think if you twisted it counter-clockwise and buried it further it would look even better.

Great work! You make me miss my crypts! :D

And top notch photography too! :D

JamesM said:
:drooooool:

Thanks James

George Farmer said:
And that's why I love crypts....

Great job, Mark! Congratulations on a beautiful creation. :D

One very minor niggle, if I may be so bold? The fossilised wood looks great but the darkest/largest piece looks a little out of place. It's colour is at odds with the other pieces and it's very rectangular. It's a very minor point and I hope you don't mind me pointing it out. I think if you twisted it counter-clockwise and buried it further it would look even better.

Great work! You make me miss my crypts! :D

And top notch photography too! :D

Thanks George. Dont mind critisism at all, best way to learn. I can't take any credit for the creation, it was inspired by your Crypt tank. I have to say that rectangular piece has been niggling me too. I think it may even look better without it.

Superman said:
IMO crypt scapes always get better with time.
This is super already, well done.
I do agree with George about that stone.

Thanks Sup....

saintly said:
The second to last image is brilliant. 8)

wonderful crypt tank indeed.

Many thanks saintly. I think that image shows the colours at best.

Hi mark,
that's a very nice setup, crypts are one of my favourite plant species,
exellent regards john.

I have been subscribed to this thread since the start as (has already been said) long term crypt scapes are great to watch as they slowly evolve :thumbup:

Regards to the moss comments... IMHO I think it is better without moss. and that means something coming from me!!! If you do want some moss though send me a pm and I will send you some :)

Looking forward to more pics in a couple of months :D

paul.in.kendal said:
Nice to see this featuring in PFK, Mark. Lovely tank, you make such good use of the petrified wood.
Congrats on the PFK feature, great interview, tank is looking awesome :)

Congrats on the excellent PFK feature, just getting into my Crypts. This is a real motivation! :thumbup:

Back