• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Cryptarium

andyh said:
Congrats on the excellent PFK feature, just getting into my Crypts. This is a real motivation! :thumbup:

Thanks andyh

russchilds said:
Looks really good! :D

What are the tall crypts in the middle by the branch called? cheers!

Thanks russ, not absolutely sure but I think Wendtii Brown.

Hi Mark.
Great job there, and superb pictures too.
I just love all crypts. My two low techs are full of them, but they don't look anything like yours.
This tank is certainly getting better every time I see it.
Keep up the good work :D .

Mmmmm, yammy... In my very ultra mega short planted tank experience these are the most beautiful crypts i have ever seen. Such rich and vibrant colours. This is an ispiration to my first bigger project witch will follow in few month and will be surely documented here. One of the things that draws my attention is the knowledge and understanding of what the particular species of crypt will look like in the end, all of them seem to be just in perfect position regarding color and size.
:text-coolphotos:

CeeJay said:
Hi Mark.
Great job there, and superb pictures too.
I just love all crypts. My two low techs are full of them, but they don't look anything like yours.
This tank is certainly getting better every time I see it.
Keep up the good work :D .

Thanks Chris.
Piece-of-fish said:
Mmmmm, yammy... In my very ultra mega short planted tank experience these are the most beautiful crypts i have ever seen. Such rich and vibrant colours. This is an ispiration to my first bigger project witch will follow in few month and will be surely documented here. One of the things that draws my attention is the knowledge and understanding of what the particular species of crypt will look like in the end, all of them seem to be just in perfect position regarding color and size.
:text-coolphotos:

Thanks Piece, good luck with your new project.

Hi Matt, the tank is OK thanks. Approaching 12 months old now and running nicely. No algae and the plants are growing well

909965817_J8KkY-L.jpg

Thanks for the compliments all. One problem ai have is that its now tricky to clean the glass without disturbing the plants. Is it best to remove those close to the edge?

Amazing tank, it looks fantastic!

Could you tell me what the tall grass like plants are please and also how many of each plant did you end up buying to get it looking how it does now?

Hope you don't mind me asking as I'm looking to re-do my 110L tank, and was looking at buying a collection like The Green Bridge on here http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalogue/aquatic-plants-live-collections.asp But I'd like to design something along the lines of what you have as I really like Crypts aswell.

Thanks

Crypts will only flower when emersed.
By the way, the only way to get a 100% ID on a crypt species is by its flower, so a lot of people grow them emersed for just that reason.

wordy said:
Amazing tank, it looks fantastic!

Could you tell me what the tall grass like plants are please and also how many of each plant did you end up buying to get it looking how it does now?

Hope you don't mind me asking as I'm looking to re-do my 110L tank, and was looking at buying a collection like The Green Bridge on here http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalogue/aquatic-plants-live-collections.asp But I'd like to design something along the lines of what you have as I really like Crypts aswell.

Thanks

I dont mind at all and thanks for the compliment. The tall plant is Cryptocoryne Balansae.

I started with the following:

2 beckettii petchii
8 Parva
5 balansae
4 wendtii green
2 wendtii tropica
3 undulata broad leaves
3 willisii
3 Mi Oya
2 wendtii brown.

Good luck with yours

Back